On 16 March 2017, representatives of the political party “FAMILY PARTY” took part in a round table on “Improving the use of our country’s land resources” held by the All-Russian People’s Front (A-RPF).
Objectives of the event:
• to involve a wide range of the expert community to discuss on the A-RPF platform the issues of improving the use of land resources in modern conditions
• to prepare proposals for executive authorities on how the implement the existing instructions of the President of the Russian Federation
Participants of the event:
• Members of the Central Staff of the A-RPF
• Representatives of the Executive Committee of the A-RPF
• Representatives of the working groups of the A-RPF
• Representatives of federal executive bodies
• Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation
• Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
• Federal Antimonopoly Service
• Representatives of all-Russian public organizations
• Representatives of trade unions and associations
• Heads of agricultural enterprises, peasant (farm) holdings
• Representatives of the scientific community
• Representatives of settlements consisting of Family Homesteads (FHS) that are members or supporters of the FAMILY PARTY: Alexander Samokhin (FHS Dubrovo, Nizhny Novgorod region), Maria Pelmeneva (FHS Angarsk Treli, Irkutsk region), Anton Ladigin (FHS Mirodolye, Moscow region) and Valery Sotsky (FHS Dubrovo, Nizhny Novgorod region).
Representatives of settlements consisting of Family Homesteads took part in the conference as well, with reports from the following regions: Nikolai Egorov (Stavropol Territory), Yevgeny Bondarenko (Voronezh Region), Sergei Kulchenko (Novosibirsk Region), Alexander Ognev (Irkutsk Region), Ivan Lebedev (Nizhny Novgorod region). Representatives of settlements from a number of other regions were also present as listeners.
Two questions were considered at the roundtable:
• ensuring the availability of agricultural land in state or municipal ownership for domestic agricultural producers
• lifting restrictions on the construction of residential houses on agricultural land for families of domestic agricultural producers
Within the framework of the round table, the question of Family Homesteads was considered: the concept, criteria, what to build, where, and the minimum size for construction and development. It was proposed to introduce a new type of zoned permitted land-use – “Family Homestead”. This proposal was supported.
Representatives of the A-RPF offered to receive the draft of the Federal “Law on Family Homesteads” from the representatives of the FAMILY PARTY, for study and examine the issue of implementating this project with relevant state bodies.
FAMILY PARTY political party
The report given by Maria Pelmeneva:
Good afternoon, dear participants of the round table.
I present to your attention the project “Family Homesteads of Russia”.
Briefly I will tell you what it is.
A Family Homesteads is a plot of land not less than 1 hectare, depending on the terrain, with the possibility of building an individual residential building and other structures of auxiliary use.
On their basis, settlements of a new kind have been organized for already more than a decade. This is a new way to arrangeme people’s lives on the Earth, including a complex of family homesteads, between which are left lanes for foot and vehicular passage, as well as all necessary infrastructure for the comfortable existence of people.
Spheres of life in the Family Homestead settlement (FHS) are diverse. There is culture (crafts, needlework, traditional festivals), education (various training events for people of different ages), and tourism. One of the forming spheres is the self-sufficient management on the land, for instance plant growing, vegetable growing, and beekeeping.
This land management, built into the way of life of the people dealing with land, presupposes the need to place residential buildings directly on the site being treated.
In Russia, there are now more than 360 settlements consisting of Family Homesteads, at different stages of development. There are large settlements – up to 200 families, and there are small – less than 10 families. According to approximate estimates, more than 10,000 Family Homesteads have been created. That is, we have more than 10,000 families who work in their own areas, and today there are already examples of homesteads where surplus products are produced on their personal homestead gardens (vegetables, fruit, honey and bee products, herbs including medicinal herbs). Many of the sites have nurseries, in which, among other things, the endangered plants are grown. In almost each settlement there are homesteads with livestock or aviaries. It is also important to note that there are homesteads whose owners are engaged in the restoration of a seed fund, creating their own seed collections which provide not only their own needs, but also of neighboring settlements.
The application of natural soil cultivation technologies permits the obtention of results in the cultivation of fruits and vegetables on barren and low-fertility lands.
Many settlements are organized near or even in abandoned or semi-abandoned villages, restoring them to life. This experience can be successfully applied in the process of revival of rural areas throughout the country.
The main criteria for the preparation of a Family Homestead Settlement:
• the size of the settlement is 150-200 hectares + the area under the roads and infrastructure
• the minimum size of each Homestead is 1 hectare
• the site of the Homestead should be indivisible, transferred only by inheritance,
• residential building maximum 2 storeys + attic / loft, area no more than 300 sq.m.
• cultivation of ornamental and fruit trees, the presence of forest plantations, and a reservoir / pond
• carrying out activities related to the cultivation of berries, vegetables, melons or other crops and potatoes
• the presence of socio-cultural infrastructure for the village
Most of these settlements are organized in the form of a “Dacha Non-commercial Partnership” or “Horticultural Partnership”. Much less often, it is a farm or a private farm. Each of these forms has its advantages or disadvantages when viewed from the point of view of the idea of Family Homesteads.
But with the implementation of the order of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation from September 1, 2014 No. 540 “On the approval of categories for the types of permitted use of land plots,” the choice between them is not the main thing, since each is limited to the land-use types provided in the category.
Therefore, we offer:
1) that the law provides for the possibility of constructing housing on agricultural land;
2) to supplement the category for primary agricultural uses with the new code 1.19 “Family Homesteads” with a description of the above criteria
3) to establish the maximum size of residential development on land in the Family Homestead to be 5% of the total area
In conclusion, I think it necessary to note that life in the Family Homestead is a certain culture of life, leading to the awakening in a person of their true citizenship, and taking responsibility for everything that is happening in the country.
It is a process which inevitably entails a qualitative increase in the measure of human participation in various activities related to the construction and development of a highly moral civil society in our country.
All of the foregoing allows us to assert that with certain support, including for the owners of family homesteads, we will have in light of these Family Homestead settlements fully-fledged participants in the production of environmentally friendly domestic agricultural products and the revival of the village.
Thank you for your attention.